Re: [HACKERS] Postgres mailing lists

От Henry B. Hotz
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres mailing lists
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
This is a test to make sure I really can post to the ports list.

At 5:23 AM -0700 6/17/99, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
>> As another specific example there was a person on port-mac68k who was
>> getting postgres up on a Mac 68k system and having some problems.  I tried
>> to cross-post my responses to the postgres-ports lists, but they never
>> appeared.
>
>Curious about this, since if its rejected as "non-member submission", it
>will get sent back to you...

I didn't get a bounce message.

The ports list should allow bug reports from anybody.  Also the rest of
what I said still applies:  I think it is nice to allow cross-posted
discussions among normally unrelated lists (the person with the problem
wouldn't have been a known subscriber and someone with a solution might be
a subscriber only of the non-postgres lists) and NetBSD has (or had a year
ago) a filtering mechanism that allows it while still effectively blocking
spam.